Finalists named for UNC Charlotte's top teaching awards
Each fall, UNC Charlotte recognizes outstanding faculty members whose talents have a positive impact on UNC Charlotte’s learning environment. The University announced three finalists for the 2021 Bank of America Award for Teaching Excellence and three finalists for the 2021 UNC Charlotte Teaching Excellence Award.
Already vaccinated? Let us know.
If you have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, let the University know through the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form. Still need to be vaccinated? Visit the Niner Nation Cares website to locate a vaccine clinic site.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- “Creating Instructional Videos in Canvas,” the second of a three-course series, will be held Friday, Aug. 20. Learn how Kaltura CaptureSpace allows you to add powerful media tools to Canvas and combine the best features of video sharing, webcam recording, screen recording and more. Creating and sharing multimedia learning content is easier than ever using these intuitive tools.
- Would you like to make grades available to your students online? The “Canvas Assignments and Gradebook: Make it” workshop will be held Friday, Aug. 20, at 2:30 p.m. Learn to use the Canvas Assignments page to set up your Gradebook to calculate course grades and create and grade assignments, enter grades with SpeedGrader and use rubrics for communicating expectations of quality.
- Whether you’re in your 20s, 50s or somewhere between, it’s never too early to start thinking about how to create income when you leave the workforce. In this webinar on Wednesday, Aug. 18, we will identify various income options that you might have available, as well as how they work and how to prepare for the unexpected.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- RecFest, an annual event hosted by University Recreation, is designed to introduce students to the programs and services offered by the department. The event also provides a chance to meet campus partners and student organizations, and taste local cuisine! This is a must to kick off the new school year. Come early on Sunday, Aug. 22 and bring your valid UNC Charlotte ID!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Hamby advances as a C-USA NCAA Woman of the Year nominee: Charlotte women's soccer standout Meredith Hamby added a piece of hardware to her trophy case as she was named one of two Conference USA-level NCAA Woman of the Year nominees for the 2020-21 academic year.
- 8/18: For Charlotte Pride's Weekend of Service, the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement is requesting donations of school supplies, hygiene products and masks for youth at Charlotte's Time Out Youth. These donations will be put into backpacks for youth to take with them when they visit Time Out Youth.
- 8/19: Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and work with other people collaboratively. Learn to create a spreadsheet, edit and format a spreadsheet and share and work with others in this introductory course.
- 8/19: Popp Martin Student Union Theater is showing “Black Panther.” After the death of his father, T'Challa returns home to the African nation of Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. When a powerful enemy suddenly reappears, T'Challa's mettle as king — and as Black Panther — gets tested when he's drawn into a conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!