UNC Charlotte’s pandemic response receives 2021 AASCU Excellence and Innovation Award
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) has named UNC Charlotte among its 2021 winners of its Excellence and Innovation Awards in recognition of the University’s response to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Update on the vice chancellor for business affairs search.
Student Leader Vaccine PSA
UNC Charlotte student leaders encourage fellow students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to help ensure a safe, in-person fall semester. The University will hold a vaccine clinic for employees and students on Wednesday, Aug. 25, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Barnhardt Student Activity Center. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine will be offered at no cost. Register today!
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The “Copyright for Remote Learning” workshop on Friday, Aug. 20, at 3 p.m. includes an overview of key copyright considerations for online teaching. Additionally, there will be a discussion of fair use, openly licensed materials and resources available through the Atkins Library.
- First Day of Class Teaching Guide: tips and practical strategies for starting off strong!
- ICYMI: University Convocation will be held Thursday, Aug. 19, at 10 a.m. in the Hauser Alumni Pavilion. Please register if you plan to attend. If you are unable to attend in person, please tune in via livestream.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Atkins Library is seeking two graduate students to facilitate a series of focus groups during the fall 2021 semester as part of a larger study to understand the distinct experiences of Black students. Graduate students who identify as Black, African American or as a person of color and have experience or coursework in gathering qualitative data are encouraged to apply.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Transformative leader selected as first recipient of Theresa Perez Memorial Scholarship: Lydia Fergison ’09 M.Ed., principal of North K-8 Language Academy and education doctoral student, is the first recipient of the Theresa Perez Memorial Scholarship.
- 8/23: Sekou Cooke, new director of the Master of Urban Design program, kicks off the School of Architecture's 50th anniversary lecture series with the discussion, "Hip-Hop Architecture."
- 8/23: Come find your favorite fitness workout by checking out mini demos of the group fitness classes offered on campus! Get sweaty, energized and win prizes!
- 8/24: This Google Docs training will enhance your experience as you earn a few tips and tricks to make your work life much easier and productive.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!