Five ROTC cadets commissioned as second lieutenants
Five cadets from UNC Charlotte’s Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) program were commissioned recently as second lieutenants.
- The football event parking and traffic management plan will be in effect Friday, Sept. 3. See the Niner Notice for parking impacts and learn more about game-day parking and transportation changes. Expect high traffic volume, restricted parking and restrained movement around campus from 4 to 11 p.m. Note the following correction: The Niner Notice email said CRI Decks 2 and 3 will close at 5 a.m., Friday. The email should have said CRI Lots 2 and 3
Important mitigation testing information
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated non-residential students, faculty and staff. If you have already scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3, thank you! If you have not, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for an appointment, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Sept. 3, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Just for adjuncts: Apply now for the Adjunct Faculty Learning Community (FLC). The Adjunct FLC is a small group of cross-disciplinary faculty that strives to enhance teaching and learning and build a sense of community. Participants receive a stipend.
- ICYMI: UNC Charlotte launched voluntary diversity, equity and inclusion learning opportunities this semester. The first two modules of the staff and faculty courses are now open. Access the diversity courses by logging into Canvas with NinerNet credentials and searching under Published Courses for “Training - Diversityedu - Staff” and “Training - Diversityedu - Faculty.”
- The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the Department of Sociology present the first workshop of the fall 2021 learning series, “The Influence of Identity and Culture on Belongingness in Higher Education.” Workshop participants will explore the underpinnings of culture and the influence of identity as they relate to shaping and experiencing connectedness and belongingness within higher education. A common framework including shared language will be established.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Join Counseling and Psychological Services for a 60-minute virtual workshop to learn more about signs of stress, ways to manage emotions and quick tips for communicating boundaries. This workshop will highlight practical strategies and resources to help you prioritize your well-being during the campus return and beyond.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Charlotte men’s cross country picked to finish first in preseason polls, women’s second: The 2021 Conference USA men's and women's cross country preseason poll was released Tuesday, Aug. 31. The Charlotte 49ers 2020 C-USA Champion men's cross country team returned eight of its top runners this season and voted first, as the women's team placed second.
- 9/3: Watch the Charlotte 49ers Women's Volleyball vs. Niagara game.
- 9/8: At the workshop, “Exploring Socially Just Leadership,” students will be able to develop action plans for personal leadership development, learn about inclusive and socially just leadership philosophies and take home free school supplies, while enjoying tasty snacks!
- 9/8: In this Botanical Gardens watercolor class, participants will be introduced to critical exploration of plant colors. The class will explore basic color theory and color mixing. Participants will be guided to mix watercolors to match the multitude of botanical hues, tints and shades they see.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!