Meet Rachel Skipworth
A brand logo or mark can tell a story, invoke a feeling and even generate a sense of community. Using a branded mark has the potential to further or confuse a brand message, and our University marks are no different. Get to know Rachel Skipworth, University licensing and bookstore program manager, and learn how her work helps protect the integrity of the University and tell our story one branded product at a time.
- Reminder: Complete your survey for the Strategic Planning Commission by Tuesday, Sept. 7.
- Ten students representing a broad cross-section of UNC Charlotte graduate programs were selected as 2021-22 Graduate School Teaching Fellows.
Important mitigation testing information
If you are an unvaccinated non-residential student, faculty or staff member and have not scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3, please make an appointment for today. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for an appointment, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by tonight at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- University faculty and staff receive a $5 discount off all single-game football tickets for the 2021 season. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling the 49ers Ticket Office at 704-687-4949.
- The “Using Feedback to Improve Teaching and Learning” workshop is Sept. 7-11. Feedback is integral to the teaching and learning process. Providing students with feedback can motivate and guide behavior change that translates into student success. This workshop provides an overview of tools and strategies for giving and receiving feedback – both traditional and technology-based – that can be easily incorporated into any course. This workshop counts towards the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate.
- Bad cell phone signal? Duo still works! Connect to eduroam on campus to authenticate with Duo.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- The virtual Fall Career and Internship Fair will focus on a wide range of full-time jobs and internships and is open to all majors and all class levels (UNC Charlotte students and alumni). More than 120 employers and grad programs will be offering full-time jobs, internships and co-ops. Attendees include Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, government agencies and local businesses.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
New digital publications: Atkins Library’s Digital Publishing Services will publish two new books this month. Both books will be available as ebooks through the library’s catalog and in paperback through UNC Press.
The Mountaineer reported on a partnership between The William States Lee College of Engineering Senior Design program and the company, Annihilare, to begin a student project working on specialized electronic equipment to enhance on-site generation systems.
Communication studies professor Maggie Quinlan shared her thoughts on public health and the importance of masks in Iredell County schools.
- 9/3: Watch the Charlotte 49ers Football vs. Duke game tonight.
- 9/7: Learn to cut and engrave materials using the laser cutter in the Makerspace in Atkins Library.
- 9/19: This Venture overnight trip will provide a perfect introduction to backpacking in the Southern Appalachian Mountains, where you and your team will carry everything you need to live outdoors for a weekend on your backs.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!