Five 49ers named to Charlotte Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list
The Charlotte Business Journal recently named four UNC Charlotte alumni and a faculty member to its 40 Under 40 Awards class for 2021. The awards program, which has been a staple in the greater Charlotte region for the past 28 years, recognizes members of the local community who are under the age of 40 and have already made a significant mark in their careers.
- The Office of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity is now the Office of Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution; the change is a response to the office’s new three-year strategic plan.
COVID-19 submission portal
Due to an unexpected outage, the COVID-19 submission portal was unavailable for a period of time this morning. The online portal is back up and running for you to submit testing exemption forms, test results and vaccine reporting forms. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) on Thursday, Sept. 9, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. for the next virtual QPR mental health and suicide prevention training for faculty and staff. QPR stands for question, persuade and refer — the three simple steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide. People trained in QPR learn to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and to question, persuade and refer someone to help. To register, visit the Learning and Organizational Development Portal and log in using your NinerNET credentials. The session is listed under “All Staff and Faculty.”
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Join Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) on Friday, Sept. 10, from 1:30-3 p.m. for a virtual QPR mental health and suicide prevention training for students. QPR stands for question, persuade and refer — the three simple steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide. People trained in QPR learn to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and to question, persuade and refer someone to help. Register now!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Reynolds grabs C-USA honor following dramatic win over Duke: Charlotte 49ers quarterback Chris Reynolds was named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week following his tremendous performance in the 49ers' dramatic 31-28 season-opening victory over Duke.
- 9/14: Learn to set your own print on the 3-D printers at Atkins Library.
- 9/15: Register to attend the second session of the Disability Service Office’s Universal Design Fast Facts Series. “Accessibility Hints and Tricks” provides tips to help you create electronic content that is universally designed. These hints and tricks work with most platforms and make your electronic content accessible for diverse learners.
- 9/30: Why do white households have, on average, 10 times the wealth of Black households? Join the Urban Institute for a virtual panel with local and national experts, including Darrick Hamilton of The New School, to explore the roots of the racial wealth gap, and what we can do to address the problem.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!