A celebration 75 years in the making
Seventy-five years ago, a group of trailblazing leaders had a bold vision to transform an evening college center with just 278 students into a thriving research university of more than 30,000 students.
As part of Niner Nation, you are invited to commemorate our University’s 75th anniversary on Thursday, Sept. 23 with a series of activities including a drop-in celebration, a community service event, and a virtual conversation with Chancellor Sharon L. Gaber.
Mitigation Testing Information
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated non-residential students, faculty and staff. If you have already scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Sept. 12 - Sept. 17, thank you! If you have not, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for an appointment, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Sept. 17, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Participate in the “Teaching with Poll Everywhere Workshop” on Wednesday, Sept. 15, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This workshop will encourage student engagement in online, blended and face-to-face instruction through a variety of activity types that let you visualize student feedback in real time, like open-ended Q&As, multiple choice and word clouds.
- Read the new Facilities and Administration Receipts distribution guidelines for FY2022 including funds for colleges and centers and a higher ceiling for faculty.
- Registration is open for the Women + Girls Research Alliance's Wednesday, Sept. 15 research and practice discussion panel, “Supporting Our Girls During the Pandemic.”
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is offering “Let’s Talk,” a brief, drop-in and confidential problem-solving consultation with a CAPS team member. Visits are on a first-come, first-served basis. This is not therapy, and it is not designed for students who need urgent help. Hours are Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. (through Oct. 14) and Mondays from 1 to 3 p.m. (Oct. 18 through Nov. 22).
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- The point after: Charlotte 38 Gardner-Webb 10: Charlotte opens the season 2-0 for the first time since 2015. The 49ers best start was 3-0 in 2014 – the 49ers’ final year at the FCS level.
- 9/13: In this online Botanical Gardens workshop, learn how you can successfully grow your own vegetables here in Charlotte just about year round and indulge your passion for gardening at the same time.
- 9/14: In this workshop, you will learn to construct your first design for 3-D printing using TinkerCAD. This workshop is open to all levels of makers.
- 9/15: Economist John Connaughton will present his quarterly forecast on the North Carolina economy during the UNC Charlotte Economic Forecast.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!