Meet Josh Englund
Josh Englund, coordinator of student and young alumni engagement, is all around campus. His goal is to make every student experience at Charlotte the best it can be. Learn more about him and how students can get involved at Charlotte.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- International students bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom, but they also face challenges that require different approaches for supporting them effectively. The teaching guide, “Supporting International Student Success,” highlights some of these challenges and provides strategies for addressing them.
- Giving frequent low-stake quizzes is a great student-centered learning technique — facilitating students to become accountable for their learning. Are you looking for ways to manage a number of quizzes in a time-efficient manner? Or alternatives to Opscan fill-in-the-bubble testing? Then, the "Engaging Students with Canvas Quizzing” workshop on Tuesday, Sept. 21, is for you!
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Join the University Career Center for a week of events Sept. 20-24 focused on professional development and making connections with employers.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- This weekend's volleyball matches air on ESPN networks: Charlotte 49ers volleyball is back on the road, traveling to North Carolina and Winthrop today and Sunday to wrap up non-conference play. Today’s match will appear on ESPN3; Sunday's matinee will air on ESPN+.
- 9/18: Watch the Charlotte 49ers baseball vs Florence-Darlington Tech game.
- 9/25: The School of Architecture presents a panel discussion that takes a look at what makes great city spaces and how the Charlotte Urban Design Award winners were chosen.
- 9/27: In this workshop, you will learn to construct your first design for 3-D printing using TinkerCAD. This workshop is open to all levels of makers. Please bring your own laptop.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!