Get to know the fall 2021 C-suite speaker
UNC Charlotte's Belk College of Business will welcome alumna Kimberly Moore-Wright ’95 to campus at 10:10 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29, for the fall 2021 C-Suite Speaker Series.
Nancy Gutierrez, dean of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences since July 2005, has announced her intention to retire at the end of the 2021-22 academic year. John Smail will become the interim dean.
COVID-19 mitigation testing
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated non-residential students, faculty and staff. If you have already scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Sept. 19 - Sept. 24, thank you! If you have not, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for an appointment, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Sept. 24, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Online learning environments can feel empty and distant, but they don’t have to. The session, “Humanizing Your Online Course: Being There for Your Students Using Canvas Tools” on Wednesday, Sept. 22, will focus on using Canvas Tools to build student-instructor, student-student and student-content interactions. The workshop counts toward the new Essentials of Learning Technologies Certificate.
- The Novant Health mobile mammogram unit will visit campus from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 4. To reserve your time slot, call 704-384-7226.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Atkins Library wants to hear your feedback about its reservable study rooms and spaces!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Charlotte pushes past Niagara: A three-point night for junior Kameron Lacey and a stellar defensive effort in the second half pushed the Charlotte men's soccer team past Niagara, 2-1, on Sunday at Transamerica Field.
- 9/23: 75th Anniversary Drop-in Celebration: Join Chancellor Gaber, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Kevin Bailey and the Student Government Association for a drop-in celebration in the Popp Martin Student Union between 1 and 2:30 p.m. Sign the giant anniversary cake (art installation) before grabbing a sweet treat and a special anniversary T-shirt.
- 9/23: Founders Day Community Service Event: Faculty, staff, students and alumni are invited to work together between 2 and 5 p.m. at the Hauser Alumni Pavilion to assemble and deliver care packages for four local community partners: Niner University Elementary, Care Ring, Crisis Assistance Ministry and Hope Vibes. Staff should use their community service hours leave with supervisor approval to participate.
- 9/23: Looking Back to Shaping What's Next: A Conversation with Dr. Sharon L. Gaber: Join Alumni Board President Frenchie Wilson Brown ’91 as she hosts a virtual conversation with the chancellor, via Zoom, at 6 p.m. This is your chance to celebrate our University’s past and learn more about what’s shaping our next 75 years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!