Brandon Wolfe named associate vice chancellor and chief diversity officer
Dr. Brandon L. Wolfe will join UNC Charlotte on Nov. 1, 2021, as the University’s inaugural associate vice chancellor for diversity and inclusion and chief diversity officer (CDO).
COVID-19 mitigation testing
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated nonresidential students, faculty and staff. If you have not scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Sept. 19-24, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for and participate in an on-campus test, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Sept. 24, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The “Entering SoTL Research Grant Proposals in Niner Research” workshop on Monday, Sept. 27, will assist faculty to submit their proposals on time. All SoTL Grants must be submitted using Niner Research.
- Faculty and staff will have the opportunity to support the Arts & Science Council (ASC) or the State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC) through a new UNC Charlotte annual faculty and staff giving campaign from Oct. 4-15. Your donation, no matter the size, will make a significant difference.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Join the Forty-Niner Forum committee! The Forty-Niner Forum encourages dialogue and raises awareness about current issues in our community by bringing outstanding leaders and speakers to campus. Past speakers include Tyler Oakley, Hasan Minhaj and Jemele Hill. Fill out the committee interest form by Friday, Sept. 24, at 5 p.m.
- Applications are now open for Niner 9 (formerly Homecoming Court)! Complete the application by Monday, Oct. 4.
- Let's put UNC Charlotte on the map for Global Entrepreneurship Week! Ventureprise is offering you a chance to make an impact — and you get to choose your path. Do you have an idea and want to pivot it into a business? Do you want to examine social ideas and look at ways to make an impact? The 49er Impact event gives you the opportunity to take your ideas to the next level, participate in a mentorship and ideation launch and compete for cash and other prizes. The deadline to submit an interest form is Thursday, Sept. 30. Spots are limited, sign up today!
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- UNC Charlotte celebrates Latinx Heritage Month with the Latin American Student Organization: The Latin American Student Organization (LASO) kicked off Latinx Heritage Month with the Hispanic College Awareness Program -- celebrating 21 countries and their cultures. It's just one way LASO promotes educational and cultural exchange in all matters related to Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 9/23: Learn to set your own print on the 3D printers at Atkins Library.
- 9/24: After a school year largely defined by separation, the campus is invited to SoVi’s Joy-Ful Festival, intended to help students reconnect and celebrate campus life with joyful moments centered around food. There will be fun activities, music, prizes, a live demo featuring Chef Jet Tila and more! Join us at SoVi to see what the joy is all about!
- 9/28: Will Sherman, assistant professor of religious studies, will share his experience responding to an alleged copyright infringement claim and how (even inadvertently) faculty work can be vulnerable to such claims. He will share some tips with attendees to help them avoid similar claims.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!