Alumna opens the first seltzery on the East Coast during a global pandemic
Opening a business is hard work. Opening one during a global pandemic is even harder, unless you're fearless like Kristin Cagney ’19, founder of Summit Seltzer. Hearing the news that North Carolina bars and restaurants would be closing to sit down service on March 17, 2020, didn’t stop Cagney from moving forward with her dream to open the first seltzery in Charlotte and on the East Coast.
The finalists for the vice chancellor for business affairs have been selected. You are invited to attend a virtual presentation with Q&A and have the opportunity to share your input for both candidates:
More information about the candidates will be available on the search website.
COVID-19 mitigation testing
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated nonresidential students, faculty and staff. If you have not scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Sept. 26 - Oct. 1, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for and participate in an on-campus test, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Oct. 1, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- "18 Months Later, What We've Learned" is a faculty panel on teaching and learning in regard to new course delivery methods, scheduled for noon, Wednesday, Sept. 29.
- The “Developing a Fundable SoTL Grant Proposal” workshop on Thursday, Sept. 30 provides an introduction to scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) that encourages its use as a bridge between the teaching and research domains of faculty work. The workshop will cover the SoTL grant request for proposals for the current year and encourage faculty to consider projects that may be eligible for this program.
- Open enrollment for the 2022 benefits plan year will be Monday, Oct. 11, through Friday, Oct. 29. Benefits-eligible employees will be able to enroll in both the State Health Plan and NCFlex benefits. More information will be added to the HR website as it becomes available.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Are you interested in career growth? If so, please visit UNC Charlotte's job site to view current campus career opportunities.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Charlotte 49ers QB Reynolds earns second C-USA Offensive Player of the Week Honor: Record-setting Charlotte 49ers senior quarterback Chris Reynolds has been named the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week following his performance in the 49ers' 42-39 win over Middle Tennessee. It is Reynolds' second honor this season.
- 9/29: Learn to set your own print on the 3-D printers.
- 9/29: Rosalia Torres-Weiner, owner of Red Calaca Studios, will bring her mobile art studio to campus as we celebrate Latinx Heritage Month!
- 9/30: Fall is the best time to plant in our region, and it’s a great time to plan for spring blooms! You’ll find an outstanding selection of native and non-native hardy shrubs, trees, perennials, wildflowers, ferns and cool weather annuals at the Botanical Gardens Fall Plant Sale.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!