Meet Season Jamison
Season Jamison, instructional designer for the Office of OneIT, provides training to help ensure faculty and staff have opportunities to become acquainted with standard software and applications.
October is Relationship Violence Awareness Month. Throughout the month, the Center for Wellness Promotion will host a variety of programs and events to promote available resources and show support for students impacted by relationship violence.
UNC Charlotte is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety compliance document, which is required by law, is available on the UNC Charlotte Police and Public Safety Department (PPS) website. If you would like to receive the combined annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which contains this information, you can stop by the PPS Department at 9151 Cameron Blvd., or you can request a copy be mailed by calling 704-687-8300. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as crime prevention, fire safety, University police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
The 2022-23 FAFSA is open! We encourage students to apply early for financial aid; the priority deadline is Jan. 1. All students must reapply every year to receive aid.
Helpful information about quarantine and isolation
The Niner Nation Cares website has helpful information for students, faculty and staff on quarantine and isolation, including return-to-class and work guidance.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The Graduate School will conduct a webinar Thursday, Oct. 14, at 12:30 p.m. for University employees who wish to pursue their graduate education. Graduate School staff will explain the easy application process and share information about the tuition waiver program for employees in permanent positions who work 30 hours or more each week, nine months of the year or longer.
- Open Enrollment for the 2022 plan year is coming soon. To prepare, review your benefit options, think about your health needs and the needs of your family, and register for the benefits informational session on open enrollment with representatives from the Benefits Office, the State Health Plan and NCFlex.
- Write better learning objectives! This one-week asynchronous, online workshop clarifies the use of learning objectives for teaching and provides concrete steps for planning and writing course and module objectives for your course that match what you need and want to teach. This workshop counts toward the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Don’t forget to apply for Niner 9 (formerly Homecoming Court)! Complete the application by 11:59 p.m., Monday, Oct. 4.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Counseling program receives top national honor: UNC Charlotte’s doctoral program in counselor education has received the Robert Frank Outstanding Counselor Education Program Award from the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, the premier organization dedicated to quality education and supervision of counselors.
- 10/4: Register to participate in the campus tree planting event, part of Campus Sustainability Week.
- 10/4: Join the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement for an interactive discussion about the history of queerbaiting in cinema and how things have shifted in LGBTQ+ cinema.
- 10/5: Register to participate in the campus cleanup event, part of Campus Sustainability Week.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!