Meet Greg Verret
Greg Verret has been a part of Niner Nation since 2012. Now, he’s the interim controller and director of treasury services. Get to know Verret, his roles in financial services at the University, some unexpected facts and ways he and his family stay involved in Niner Nation outside of work.
Malcolm Butler has been appointed dean for Cato College of Education and will join the University in January 2022. He will arrive from the University of Central Florida where he is professor and director of the School of Teacher Education and coordinator of the Ph.D. program in science education in the College of Community Innovation and Education.
UNC Charlotte is one of the sponsors of this year's Second Harvest Sort-A-Rama at the Charlotte Convention Center on Thursday, Oct. 14. Participants will assemble food boxes for Charlotte area families in need. If interested, please register by Tuesday, Oct. 12. As a reminder, staff can utilize community service leave for this event.
The open forum for the second candidate for vice chancellor for business affairs is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 11, from 1:15 to 2:45 p.m.; register here. Please visit the search website to view the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
Helpful information about quarantine and isolation
The Niner Nation Cares website has helpful information for students, faculty and staff on quarantine and isolation, including return-to-class and work guidance.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The mid-semester feedback toolkit makes it easy to get valuable observations from students. It includes ready-to-use questions that can be printed or easily used in Canvas and Poll Everywhere.
- Open Enrollment begins Monday, Oct. 11. If you are a benefits-eligible employee, take time this weekend to review your options and sign up for the virtual Benefits Office Q&A on Tuesday, Oct. 19, at 10 a.m.
- Register for a virtual lunch-and-learn workshop scheduled for noon, Wednesday, Oct. 13; the topic will be the psychology behind saving money and other good financial habits.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Have a great fall break! We'll see you soon, Niners.
- Need help with your FAFSA? Get express FAFSA service by meeting with financial aid counselors who will answer your questions and help you complete the application. Register today!
- An update to the interface of the Duo mobile app featuring a new look and feel is coming to smartphones beginning Monday, Oct. 11.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Recognizing Global Customer Service Week: Thank you to all those who provide extraordinary service to our students! Niner Central staff and partner offices annually manage more than 150K requests via phone, email, walk-in and virtual appointments.
- 10/9: Watch Charlotte 49ers women's tennis vs. 49er Invite.
- 10/12: Breakout rooms enable Zoom meetings to be divided into up to 50 separate sessions. Learn to schedule breakout rooms; and as the meeting host, how you can choose to split the participants of the meeting into separate sessions automatically or manually and switch between sessions at any time.
- 10/13: In this tech orientation, learn to use the equipment in the Visualization Lab. This includes the HTC Vive virtual reality system.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!