National Coming Out Day: ‘A part of who I am’
While striving each day to change perceptions of the LGBTQIA+ community in the media, Danny Tulledge ‘15 reminds us on National Coming Out Day that being transgender is only a part of who he is.
COVID-19 mitigation testing
The University is continuing to conduct ongoing COVID-19 mitigation testing of unvaccinated nonresidential students, faculty and staff. If you have not scheduled your mitigation test for the current week, Oct. 10-15, please do so now. UNC Charlotte is covering the cost of on-campus mitigation testing. If you do not register for and participate in an on-campus test, you will need to submit an off-campus, negative test result, at your expense, by Friday, Oct. 15, at 11:59 p.m.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- This is the final week to donate to the ASC/SECC Campaign.
- Staff Only: 2021 "Virtual" Staff Council Fall Festival is Tuesday, Oct. 12, beginning at 11:30 a.m. Join us for trivia games for prizes. If you donated to the Ronald McDonald House, your name was entered into a drawing for prizes.
- The mid-semester feedback toolkit makes it easy to get valuable opinions from students. It includes ready-to-use questions that can be printed or easily used in Canvas and Poll Everywhere.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Have a great fall break! We'll see you soon, Niners.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Alumnus, former faculty member recognized by national organization: Alain Miatudila ’03, ’12 M.S., ’16 Ph.D. was recognized by the National Organization for Student Success as the 2021 Outstanding National Alumnus of a Student Success program.
Political science professor Eric Heberlig and SGA president Dick Beekman discussed Snapchat's efforts to get younger generations involved in politics.
Theatre professor Carlos Cruz discussed his motivations for teaching and the significance of performing in the Hola Charlotte Festival.
- 10/12: Watch the Charlotte 49ers men’s golf team compete in the final round at Blackthorn Club.
- 10/14: Join UNC Charlotte at this year’s Second Harvest Sort-A-Rama at the Charlotte Convention Center. Participants will assemble food boxes for Charlotte area families in need.
- 10/28: What role does workforce development play in economic mobility? Join us for a virtual panel to explore this question. We'll highlight research from UNC Charlotte about communities of color and their access to technology and employment as well as strategies from around the region to help prepare workers for the jobs of tomorrow.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!