Courtney Hunt wins Staff Employee of the Year Award in Community Service
Courtney Hunt ’18 defines and embodies dedication to community service and is the 2022 Employee of the Year award recipient for the community service category.
Every Friday we will introduce a Niner. Have a suggestion on who we should highlight next? Email us at ninerinsider.uncc.edu.
- The 2022 election season is underway, and Friday, April 22, is the deadline to register to vote in the May primary. The 49er Democracy Experience has all the key dates and important details for the upcoming election.
- The Office of Environmental Health and Safety, in collaboration with the Housing and Residence Life Office and the Facilities Management Office, has started the first phase of the campuswide Passive Refrigerant Cleanup Project. EHS will collect, identify and inventory all passive refrigerants on campus through the end of April. If you have any refrigerant canisters in your possession, please bring them to the refrigerant storage shed behind Hawthorn Hall between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday, April 25. EHS will be on site (with refreshments) to weigh, tag and inventory your refrigerant cylinders. If you are unable to move the refrigerants, please contact the EHS Office for further assistance at 704-687-1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lot 5 will be closed beginning Monday, April 25, for a lighting replacement project. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to park in East Deck 3, Lot 5A, Lot 4A or Lot 6 as an alternative. Email questions to email@example.com.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Faculty and staff EAP sessions will be held during Day of Remembrance activities on April 29. All employees are welcome, and registration is required.
- Reminder: 49er Mart users are invited to attend the 49er Mart Virtual Forum Thursday, April 28, from 2 to 4 p.m. Topics will include disbursements, calendar dates and deadlines, understanding filters, using order searches to find open purchase orders and using searches to find orders that need receipts. There will be time for questions at the end of the forum. Registration is encouraged on the Learning and Development Portal, and more information can be found on the 49er Mart message board.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
The Office of International Programs is accepting applications for Global Gateways , a globally themed residence program. Global Gateways, based in Witherspoon Hall, is a central location where students curious about different cultures, global issues and our world can gather in a comfortable, inclusive and welcoming space.
The Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement is celebrating the 2022 class of Latinx students with an event honoring their journeys at UNC Charlotte Sunday, May 1, in the Popp Martin Student Union. Please register by Sunday, April 24.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Thill receives first Citizens Bank Scholars Medal: Jean-Claude Thill, Knight Distinguished Professor of Public Policy in the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, is the 2022 recipient of the First Citizens Bank Scholars Medal, UNC Charlotte’s most prestigious faculty award, in recognition of excellence in research.
Patrick Madsen, executive director of the Career Center, discussed the current job market for graduating students.
The Department of Music, in collaboration with community partners, will present the East Coast premiere of a musical work based on Professor James Grymes' book about Holocaust-era violins.
- 4/22: The Environmental Health and Safety Office will host an Earth Day Celebration in front of the Popp Martin Student Union from noon to 3 p.m. Come out and learn fun environmental safety facts about our campus and enjoy some prizes.
- 4/29: Historians, environmental scientists, urban designers and planners will discuss implications of urban growth and potential futures at the “Comprehending Charlotte” symposium, being held at The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City. Register to attend this free, public event.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!