Kiran Budhrani wins Staff Employee of the Year for innovation
Forty-nine staff members were nominated for the Staff Employee of the Year Award in four categories. Among the innovation nominees, one stood out from the rest — Kiran Budhrani.
Every Friday we will introduce a Niner. Have a suggestion on who we should highlight next? Email us at ninerinsider.uncc.edu.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Attend the “Equity in Digital Learning Environments” talk on Wednesday, May 4, from 11 a.m. to noon with Angela Gunder, chief academic officer, Online Learning Consortium. Participants will leave with concrete and actionable approaches to ensuring quality and equity across a wide variety of teaching and learning contexts and in support of the success of every student.
- On-campus drop-off dry cleaning services for faculty regalia will be available at Barnes & Noble Charlotte prior to spring commencement ceremonies. Washroom Laundry, our official campus laundry service provider, offers robe, cap and hood cleaning services.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
The last day of classes calls for a special meal. Grab some late-night breakfast food before finals week at SoVi Dining Hall between 9 and 11 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3, free with a UNC Charlotte student ID.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
NSF-funded research addresses crisis in elder care: Architecture professor Mona Azarbayjani and engineering professor Hamed Tabkhi are developing cutting-edge technology to improve the care of older people in both home and institutional environments.
Brad Yeckley, director of Niner Finances, was interviewed by WCNC on Monday, April 12 as a part of Financial Literacy Month. He talks about the steps anyone can take to gain better control of their personal finances, while increasing their level of financial literacy.
A recent interview with Patrick Madsen, executive director of the career center, about advice on finding jobs was shared in a story on CNBC.
- 5/1: Introducing SPARK: An IEE leadership development institute. Develop and practice community-centered leadership styles while learning about intersectionality and Black feminism, storytelling as resistance and resilience, emergent strategies and more. Apply by Sunday, May 1.
- 5/2: The Department of Music presents the University Chorale.
- 5/12: The Black Alumni Chapter and the UNC Charlotte Alumni Association invite you to attend the Spring 2022 Donning of the Kente ceremony with guest speaker Ohavia Phillips ‘15.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!