Meet alumna Jennifer Lay
Jennifer Lay ’98, ’21 M.Ed. is a veteran teacher, most recently with Alamance Elementary School in Greensboro, North Carolina. She enjoys leading academically gifted students to their “aha” moments and supporting them through their student journeys. Learn more about Lay, her advice to current students and her gratitude for the Cato College of Education.
Every Friday we will introduce a Niner. Have a suggestion on who we should highlight next? Email us at ninerinsider.uncc.edu.
- Student Legal Services Inc. is now open in the Popp Martin Student Union.
- Following the war in Ukraine with Professor Steve Sabol.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Saving money is a top priority for everyone. Learn how to make the most of your finances and resources at one of the free NCFlex Sensible Savings Sessions. The first session is 9 a.m., Friday, May 13.
- The Purchasing Office has activated a new punch-out catalog in 49er Mart ! Club Colors, one of the contracted promotional item vendors, has made it easier to shop for and customize items through its UNC Charlotte branded catalog. Club Colors was contracted through the state-mandated competitive process and is licensed to use University logos and marks through the Office of Trademarks and Licensing. Questions? Reach out to your purchasing agent or email email@example.com.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
The popular Paws for Exam Therapy program is back at Atkins Library. Spend some time with certified therapy dogs! Sessions will be held at the back of the library’s first-floor atrium. Look here for times and dates.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
School of Data Science student spotlight: Naomi Nikita Thammadi: Vice president of the School of Data Science's Student Council, Naomi Nikita Thammadi is set to graduate with master's in data science and business analytics.
- 5/11: Join the UNC Charlotte School of Professional Studies for a free webinar on making difficult customers your greatest advocates.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!