Women's lacrosse is coming to Charlotte
Women's lacrosse, the fastest-growing sport on college campuses, is coming to Charlotte and will begin competition in 2024-25. Women's lacrosse will become the 19th sport within the 49ers' NCAA Division I Athletics Department.
- A message to Niner Nation regarding Saturday's mass shooting in Buffalo, New York.
- More than 1,000 graduate degrees conferred at Spring Commencement.
- Reminder: OneIT will be performing disaster recovery testing Friday, May 20, from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. Off-campus users will be unable to access the main website as well as most campus web services and systems including my.charlotte.edu, Canvas, Gmail, GCal, Google Drive, the VPN and Zoom. Phone services will not be impacted.
- Charlotte 49ers Director of Athletics Mike Hill announced the hiring of two-time Big South Coach of the Year Brandi Fontaine as the fifth head coach of the 49ers’ women’s soccer program.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Join the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources Statewide Wellness Program Wednesday, May 25, at 11:30 a.m. for an online presentation and cooking demonstration. Learn more about the Mediterranean Diet and register today.
- The N.C. Total Retirement Plans is offering a webinar with a representative from the Social Security Administration Wednesday, May 18, at noon. More information and register here.
- Zoom is making a change to help prevent attackers from joining and disrupting meetings and webinars that require registration. After May 16, connection links will be available in confirmation emails, not on the registration page. See this Zoom article for more information on meeting and webinar registration.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Chancellor, alumni named to Business North Carolina Power List: UNC Charlotte Chancellor Sharon L. Gaber and several University alumni and board members are on the 2022 Business North Carolina Power List.
- 5/24: Four Demonstration Activity Resource Team training sessions will be offered in May and June, starting with a virtual training at 1 p.m., Tuesday, May 24. Log in to the University's Learning and Development Portal and search for "DART" or use this link to register.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!