UNC Charlotte inventions, patents, licenses and startups are driving the innovation economy
A new report from Heartland Forward cites Charlotte as a leader in transferring knowledge to the marketplace.
- Jason Bernstein, energy manager in the Facilities Management Department, discovered a billing error that will save the University $1.14 million.
- Reminder: Pedestrian crosswalks and bike lanes are being repainted today, Tuesday, June 7, through Friday, June 10.
- Graduate School administration and admissions move to a new campus location.
- Clare Short tabbed as first head coach of women’s lacrosse.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Young Alumni 10 Under 10 Award nominations now open.
- On Monday, July 18, Erin Murtha will join OneIT as the new assistant vice chancellor for planning and projects. She will lead the team charged with assessing and implementing IT projects for OneIT.
- Please take the time to review this resource from the UNC System on dealing with stress.
- OneIT is making it easier to get remote support on University computers.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Globe serves as reminder that the world is filled with possibility: For years Norm Schul, first chair of UNC Charlotte’s Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, has wanted to commission a visually appealing globe for the department that would bring distinction and serve as a teaching tool. Thanks to his and his wife Marianne's perseverance and generosity, the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences globe became a reality and has been installed outside the McEniry Building.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!