Human Resources shares important updates on new observance leave and legislative pay increases
A new report from Heartland Forward cites Charlotte as a leader in transferring knowledge to the marketplace.
- The Summer Blood Drive is only a week away! It is Wednesday, June 15, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Cone University Center, Lucas Room. Parking will be available in the Cone Parking Visitor Deck, and free parking vouchers will be provided to donors.
- Charlotte announces Homecoming date, game times and broadcast information for the 2022 slate.
- Departments that use University road-worthy vehicles should purchase gas at off-campus fuel stations until further notice.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The State Health Plan offers a number of webinars to learn about the medical plan options when you become Medicare-eligible. Register for the next one Tuesday, June 21, at 2 p.m.
- Microsoft identified a code vulnerability in Microsoft Office actively being exploited. To secure University computers and servers, OneIT published a fix to all managed Windows computers Saturday, June 4. This patch should have no visible impact on users. Please see this government notice for additional information.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
Prospective students can learn more about the new Charlotte online MBA during a virtual information session Wednesday, June 15, from noon to 1 p.m.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
UNC Charlotte’s 49er Rocketry Club earns top spot in the NASA student launch competition: UNC Charlotte’s 49er Rocketry Club took first place in the launch division of the 2022 NASA Student Launch Competition, securing the event’s overall No. 1 spot for the second year in a row and earning a $5,000 prize. Winners were announced virtually June 3, following the competition, which took place in April at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
- 6/16: The Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement is hosting an Homage Virtual Exhibit and Q&A in honor of Juneteenth at 7 p.m.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!