The Golden Owl Tavern
Golden Owl Tavern is University City’s latest gem and new Executive Chef Andres Prussing is bringing some serious heat. Born and bred in Santiago, Chile, he’s a master at crafting Southern American classics with a clever culinary twist – think deviled eggs with Nashville hot chicken, fried green tomatoes with ghost pepper aioli and buttermilk fried chicken thighs with peach chili chutney.
- Malin Pereira has been appointed dean of the Honors College, effective Friday, July 1.
- As part of the University’s rebranding process, the Zoom URL will change from uncc.zoom.us to charlotte-edu.zoom.us at 6 p.m., Friday, July 1. All Zoom meetings will continue to work. However, meeting hosts will need to log into the desktop client/mobile app and enter the new domain name charlotte-edu.zoom.us, see this article for more details.
- Reminder: OneIT will conduct maintenance from 5 p.m., Friday July 1, through 9 a.m., Saturday July 2. Additionally, disaster recovery testing is scheduled for 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., July 1. Users will be unable to access the main website and many web services and systems, including my.charlotte.edu, Canvas, Gmail, GCal, Google Drive, the VPN and Zoom. Phone services will not be impacted.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Reminder: Faculty RSVP is open for New Student Convocation taking place Sunday, Aug. 21. Faculty are invited to participate in this tradition that celebrates the beginning of our new Niners academic journey. Please RSVP by Monday, Aug. 15. If you need to rent regalia for the event, please complete this form by Friday, July 8.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
Learn more about the new Charlotte Online MBA program during an event at Birdsong Brewery Tuesday, July 12, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Food will be provided from Sabor Latin Street Grill.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Griffin appointed to CSHEMA Board of Trustees
Darius Griffin, UNC Charlotte’s director of Environmental Health and Safety, was recently appointed to serve on the Board of Trustees for the Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association, the only organization focused entirely on serving environmental health and safety professionals in higher education.
- 7/14: Life-threatening bleeding injuries can happen anywhere at any time. Stop the Bleed will teach you to recognize life-threatening bleeding and three techniques to intervene quickly.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!