Gates Foundation and student team up to support health needs of a rural African town
Emery Ngamasana, a Ph.D. student in public health, returned home to the Democratic Republic of the Congo after almost two decades. What he saw moved him to create a nonprofit that improves the conditions of the rural communities he came from.
- COVID-19 reminder: As the virus and its variants continue to be around us, here are a few things to remember about wastewater testing and how to receive a COVID-19 test on campus.
- Update on fall 2022 housing demand.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- New 49er Mart Upgrade 22.2 was successfully applied. These cosmetic changes were demonstrated at the recent 49er Mart Forum, and more information can be found under the 22.2 Reference Guide on the 49er Mart message board. If you experience any issues, please contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 7-5500. They will escalate issues to the appropriate party as needed.
- Join NCFlex at noon, Thursday, July 21, for a webinar about the MetLife Dental plan. Learn the differences between the three plan options, how to search for an in-network provider, get reviews, set appointments and more. Register today.
- The Office of International Programs invites faculty to the Fulbright U.S. Scholar's webinar “Global Hidden Gems" Wednesday, July 27, 2 to 3 p.m., in advance of the 2023-24 competition deadline of Sept. 15.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
Join this Career Meet Up to learn effective resume writing strategies that will help you get noticed by recruiters. Meetups are small group sessions focused on specific topics and led by career coaches or industry professionals.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
There’s no pitch like home
Growing up, Brandt Bronico ’17 only ever wanted one thing – to be a professional soccer player. Today, he continues to realize that dream as a starting midfielder for Charlotte FC, the Queen City’s newly minted Major League Soccer team.
- 7/27: This webinar, offered by the School of Professional Studies as part of its Professionals @ Work Learning Series, will explore five key areas to help unlock organizational potential.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!