A transformative 365 days for Charlotte
Thanks to the collective efforts of dedicated faculty and staff, 2021-22 was another record-breaking year for the University. Watch the year-in-review video and check out the 2021-22 Chancellor's Annual Report website for a complete picture of the past 365 days.
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources Gary Stinnett shares the latest information about the legislative pay increase.
- The Student Employment Policy has been updated to expand the number of hours a student employee may work beginning with the fall term.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- If you are considering retirement this year, attend a “Ready, Set, Go!” session to learn about retirement benefits and the actions needed.
- Atkins Library will be closed on Saturday, July 23, due to a planned water outage related to converting Peet’s Library Cafe into a Starbucks location. The library will provide virtual chat and reference services through the chat feature on the bottom right corner of the library website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
Join the Career Center’s Lori Brasile Wednesday, July 27, to explore how to write an engaging letter to prospective employers. Career meetups are 30- to 45-minute small group sessions that focus on specific topics led by career coaches or industry professionals.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
Recipients of 2022-23 Inclusive Excellence Grants announced
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion announces that 19 proposals submitted by faculty and staff will receive Inclusive Excellence Grants (formerly the Chancellor's Diversity Challenge Fund) for their potential to advance diversity, promote equity and foster inclusion throughout Charlotte and surrounding communities.
- 8/17-19: Join the move-in crew and help the Housing and Residence Life Office welcome Niner Nation to campus this fall. Student organizations, faculty, staff and alums are welcome to sign up. Learn more on the housing and residence life website.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!