Meet a Niner
With the help of an Inclusive Excellence Grant, Professor of Cello Mira Frisch brought together the Charlotte Strings Collective and local hip-hop artist YUNG Citizen for a concert in Rowe Arts Tuesday night. The Charlotte Strings Collective, comprising Charlotte faculty, alumni and students and musicians from other area institutions, performs music by Black composers. Photo by Miguel Sanchez.
FACULTY & STAFF News you can use
- After more than 30 years of service, Wade Bruton, UNC Charlotte’s visual historian, is retiring. View some of his favorite and most memorable photos from his distinguished career.
- On Thursday, Feb. 16, the State Human Resources Commission approved revisions to the current University SHRA Employee Grievance Policy (NC OSHR: Employee Grievance Policy) . Pending changes are to provide clarity to the existing policy and a summary can be viewed on the human resources webpage. Revisions become effective April 1; HR will provide a link to the updated policy, which will be posted on the North Carolina Office of Human Resources website.
- Are we ready for tools like ChatGPT? Attend the Center for Teaching and Learning’s online workshop series Thursday, March 2, and Friday, March 3: Supporting Student Learning in the Age of AI.
- Connect with your fellow book lovers at UNC Charlotte Atkins Library BookTalk: A Salon for Readers and Book Lovers, 3 to 5 p.m., Monday, March 6, in the Halton Reading Room.
- urbanCORE will host a faculty open house Tuesday, March 21, from 4 to 6 p.m.
SHOW US YOUR 49ER SPIRIT!
Wear Niner green and post with #WearGreenWednesday or submit to email@example.com. You could be featured in a Wednesday issue.
- Academic Affairs Weekly News Digest
- Athletics Scores
- Atkins Library
- Campus Career Center
- Campus Events
- Campus News
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Interactive Campus Map
- My UNC Charlotte
- Niner Central
- Today's Menus
- OneIT Help Desk
LOOKING FOR EVENTS?
Check out these opportunities!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!