Editor’s Note: Today and every day, we honor our veterans. Enjoy this special issue highlighting Niner veterans and resources around campus.
Supporting Student Veterans
UNC Charlotte is part of a generation of universities founded in metropolitan areas throughout the United States immediately after World War II in response to rising education demands generated by the war and its technologies. Today, UNC Charlotte continues to honor and assist student veterans in their educational journeys through the Veteran Services Office. Please consider making a gift to support UNC Charlotte student veterans.
Service in Action: George Maya '21
George Maya ’21 has taken steps that have led him to serve and be served by others. His path includes attending UNC Charlotte to major in criminology and joining the 49ers football team. Now he is honoring our country through military service. Here is his story.
Who is Delicia Ofikulu?
She is a devoted wife, loving mother, dedicated nontraditional student and a proud Marine Corps veteran. The senior, majoring in operations and supply chain management and minoring in management information systems, served in the Marine Corps for four years, stationed at Camp Pendleton in California. Here is her story.
Erica Solosky is an associate general counsel in the Office of Legal Affairs and the director of ethics, policy and compliance. Her journey to UNC Charlotte is not a typical one—she is also a veteran who began her career as a judge advocate in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. Here is her story.
News and Resources
Carve out time for some Halloween fun! Check out some of the events happening on campus.
- UNC Charlotte has been named in a Military Times Best for Vets college rankings for the third consecutive year.
- UNC Charlotte's Air Force ROTC Detachment 592 is crowdfunding to host a Dining Out Ceremony, a formal banquet in dress uniform that honors and recognizes cadets for their accomplishments.
- Charlotte Football will honor active duty and retired military members at tomorrow's annual Military Appreciation game against Memphis at 2 p.m. in Jerry Richardson Stadium. All active-duty military and veterans will get a free small popcorn pre-game from any of the Pick Axe Grille concession stands.
- Headspace Care honors Veterans Day by sharing resources.
- Check out this article from Harvard Business Publishing, "The Support Military and Veteran Students Need from Higher Ed Institutions."
Join the Niner Conversation on Social Media
- Athletics Scores
- Atkins Library
- Campus Career Center
- Campus Events
- Charlotte Feature Stories
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Inside UNC Charlotte
- Interactive Campus Map
- My UNC Charlotte
- Niner Central
- Today's Menus
- Title IX Training
- OneIT Help Desk
LOOKING FOR EVENTS?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!