The Giving Green Campaign, a campus-wide fundraising initiative for the State Employees Combined Campaign, Arts & Science Council and the UNC Charlotte Foundation, is underway through Nov. 1. To encourage employee participation in this workplace giving initiative, organizers will hold a special “eight-in-eight” raffle on Friday, Oct. 12.
Between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., faculty and staff members who donate to the campaign will be eligible to win prizes; winners will be selected randomly from employees who give during each time period. Individuals who have made a contribution already can add to their gift/pledge to participate in one of the drawings.
The time periods for the drawing and list of prizes are:
- 8 to 9 a.m. - a free full-service car wash at any Autobell
- 9 to 10 a.m. - two free tickets to AMC theatres
- 10 to 11 a.m. - two complimentary tickets to any Robinson Hall performance
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – two free all-sport passes to the U.S. National Whitewater Center
- 1 to 2 p.m. – free hair products and a $40 gift card from the Orange Olive Hair Gallery
- 2 to 3 p.m. – three guest passes to the Charlotte Museum of History
- 3 to 4 p.m. – two complimentary tickets to the N.C. Dance Theatre
- 4 to 5 p.m. – two complimentary tickets to Davidson Community Players
The Giving Green Campaign combines solicitations for the State Employee Combined Campaign (SECC) and the Arts & Science Council (ASC) and UNC Charlotte Foundation campaigns during one period. Employees can voluntarily participate in the Giving Green Campaign and can donate to any or all the three beneficiaries via one-time donations or payroll deduction throughout the year. More than 950 organizations that provide a variety of services and educational experiences to the greater Charlotte community receive support through the Giving Green Campaign.
For more information or to donate to the campaign, go to www.givinggreen.uncc.edu.