UNC Charlotte’s Atkins Library’s Digital Media Literacy Group will host the panel discussion, “COVID-19 Vaccinations: Science, Politics, Mistrust and Misinformation” from 1 to 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 21.
WBTV news anchor, Molly Grantham will moderate the discussion of the issues surrounding the COVID-19 vaccinations. Panelists from UNC Charlotte and the greater Charlotte region will address topics ranging from scientific information to political influences to medical mistrust to misinformation and disinformation. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions following the facilitated discussion.
- Zinobia Bennefield, Ph.D., assistant professor of Sociology, UNC Charlotte
- Shi Chen, Ph.D., assistant professor of Health Informatics and Analytics, Department of Public Health Sciences, UNC Charlotte
- Melinda Forthofer, Ph.D., professor of Public Health Sciences, UNC Charlotte
- Cynthia Gibas, Ph.D., professor of Bioinformatics and Genomics, UNC Charlotte
- Gibbie Harris, MSPH, BSN, public health director, Mecklenburg County
- Kathleen Jordan, DNP, MS, FNP-BC, ENP-C, SANE-P, FAEN, clinical associate professor of Nursing, UNC Charlotte
- Gary Little, M.D., MBA, senior vice president and chief medical officer, Atrium Health Greater Charlotte Region
- David Wessner, Ph.D., professor of Biology, Davidson College
Pre-register for the event; a Zoom link will be sent to all registrants prior to event.