Friday, April 1, 2016
Welcome to SYC, a UNC Charlotte newsletter designed to make it easy for you to stay connected with Charlotte’s urban research university. Top stories, strategic priorities, current media exposure and social media connections will all be a part of SYC. We hope consolidating our news this way will unclutter your inbox and make it easy to Stake Your Claim.
From exciting sporting events to tranquil strolls through the Botanical Gardens, we share ten ways to enjoy spring on campus.
Air Made Visible
Exposing Charlotte pollution in real time, the animated light projection "Particle Falls" delivers a revealing look at Uptown’s air quality.
$90 Million Victory
The votes are in. Thanks to overwhelming voter approval, UNC Charlotte will receive $90 million for a new science building.
Rocketing Through the Ceiling
Charlotte’s most influential leaders shine a spotlight on economic mobility for "Women + Girls" at the 2016 Summit.
Five Cool Things: April 2016
Take a glance at our list of "fun things to know."
In the News, April 2016
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- UNC Charlotte does art exhibit on air quality
- New UNC President lobbies for bonds at UNC Charlotte
- New take on Hamlet at UNC Charlotte
- It's a Seuss-a-Thon at Park Road Books
- Dust Particles as art? Yes, it's possible
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- UNC Charlotte Economist: Watch out for wild cards
- Sneak peek of light rail's final push onto campus
- Last-minute push for bonds at University
CHARLOTTE TALKS - WFAE
BENZINGA FINANCIAL MEDIA