Charlotte Green Initiative funds campus sustainability projects
The Charlotte Green Initiative student committee selected seven projects for funding this past academic year, supported by the Student Green Fee.
- Baseball earns No. 2 seed for Greenville Regional, opening Friday.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form after receiving your vaccine. You will be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing once the form is approved.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- The finalists for the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs have been selected. You are invited to attend a virtual presentation and Q&A session with the first candidate on Tuesday, June 8, 10-11:30 a.m. Register for the session and have the opportunity to share your input. The candidate's curriculum vitae will be available on Monday, June 7.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- New Google Meet experience rollout plus Google Docs smart chips and checklist features are included in Google updates for June.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Beekman and Sampson named Marian Drane Graham Scholars: Dick Beekman, UNC Charlotte’s 2021-22 student body president, and Tahlieah Sampson, the 2020-21 student body president, have been named 2021 Marian Drane Graham Scholars by the UNC System.
Niner University Elementary at Amay James, a lab school created and led through UNC Charlotte, opened during the pandemic. The staff and students started virtually, and students stepped through the doors for the first time in March 2021.
Painting professor Andrew Leventis is the subject of a Queen City Nerve profile.
- 6/4: BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.
- 6/10: Explore creating professional presentations to collaborate and share in “Introduction to Google Slides.”
- 6/17: Explore methods of keeping organized with Google Drive, including how to sort, filter and search for files. Also, discover how to use and manage folders for better organization.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!