Welcome to "The Oh Show"
From homeless to rising media maven, Ohavia Phillips ’15 is on a personal quest to find her voice while transforming media for the next generation. But what do you do when your route isn’t marked? According to Phillips's mother, "You don't make excuses, you make it happen."
Face coverings required in all indoor spaces
Until further notice, face coverings are required in all indoor spaces at UNC Charlotte, regardless of vaccination status. This applies to all spaces, including Atkins Library, research spaces and studios, dining halls, recreational facilities, common spaces and residence halls. Rare exceptions to this requirement include when students are in their personal residence hall rooms or when employees are in their personal offices.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- On Tuesday, Aug. 10, Jeanette Bennett leads the 60-minute virtual “Cognitive Empathy in the Classroom” workshop defining cognitive empathy and how to incorporate its use to strengthen the learning environment of the classroom, whether traditional, 100% online or somewhere in between. This workshop counts toward the Essentials of Teaching and Learning Certificate.
- A workshop to introduce faculty/staff to Poll Everywhere and how to use the student response software in classroom and other learning spaces will be offered on Tuesday, Aug. 10.
- UNC Charlotte is modifying the current Grade Replacement Policy; changes made will become effective fall 2021. The Office of the Registrar will provide training and overview; registration is not required. View upcoming training sessions on the registrar's website.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- What does "affordable" mean to you? Atkins Library and the Center for Teaching and Learning want to develop a system to help students find courses with affordable materials.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Atkins awarded federal grant: J. Murrey Atkins Library, in partnership with seven state university libraries, has received a $49,414 grant to create an interinstitutional mobile hotspot lending program.
- 8/10: By using ballet techniques and multiple props, Barre is a full-body exercise class that focuses on high repetition with low weights and impact.
- 8/11: The challenge is up to you and how hard you want to push yourself! This cycling class is great for all fitness levels and a change to your regular fitness routine.
- 8/12: Spend a lot of time searching your inbox? Learn tips on how to better organize your email.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!